Sunday, March 22, 2015

On My Mind: Links to You, My Fellow Bloggers



I'm not above stealing.

Don't get the wrong idea, though. I don't mean I stroll into department stores and stuff items under my clothes. I'm not scoping the place out and developing sticky fingers when you invite me into your home. I mean, when I see my fellow bloggers doing a good thing I'm not afraid to co-opt it into my own little corner of the internet. In fact, this very post is merely my latest theft.

Fine, I'll explain.

I try to get around as much of the film buff part of the blogosphere as possible, on a daily basis if time permits. Some days it does, some days it doesn't. One of the things I've noticed is that a lot of bloggers will use a post every so often to highlight the work of others. After ranting and raving about whatever tickles their fancy, they post links to other blogs. A number of you have even been so kind as to post links back to this place. Instead of questioning your judgment like I should, I just say what I'm about to say again: thanks! Of course, after seeing a hundred of these posts it finally dawned on me that I should do this. I mean, duh, what the hell took me so long? How selfish of me not to do it.

How do I fit it into my particular style?

Wait, I have a style?

Never mind. Let's move on.

One of the recurring features here at Dell on Movies is "On My Mind." You may have no clue what this is because I haven't done one in a while. My last one was in November. These are usually related to the movie watching experiences I have with my family. Occasionally, they are based on some other random thing. This will continue to be the case. The reason I'm telling you is that I plan for this feature to become a more regular presence. I will also use them to do what you guys do: post links to other blogs.The easiest thing for me will be to showcase some of my favorite posts of the last week.

This okay with you guys?

Good.

What better time to start than right now?


LINKS!!!

Alex @ ...And So It Begins gives us The Top 10 R-Rated Movies Every Kid Should See

Cara & Laura Jo engage in some Schuster Sister Shenanigans while watching Up.

Dan @ Public Transportation Snob goes deep undercover Investigating Michael Mann: Ali

Ruth @ Flixchater celebrated St. Patrick's Day by sharing Five Memorable Scenes Set in Beautiful Ireland.

Andrew @ A Fistful of Films shared A Fistful of Thoughts...About Being a Blogger

Jenna and Allie, The Flick Chicks reviewed Pulp Fiction after seeing it for the first time.

John @ Hitchcock's World responds to Cracked to tell us Why Con-Air is NOT Conservative Propaganda


Things That Were On My Mind Before

12 comments:

  1. My favourite was the first one - top ten R rated flicks kids should see. Great post and list. The Flick Chicks' post was interesting too.

    Cheers for the links Dell! Its always nice to find new blogs as I become more used to this cool 'blogosphere' community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you checked them out. Also very glad to have you part of this community.

      Delete
  2. Hey thanks for the link love, Dell, much appreciated! Great idea to do this kind of community post, I look forward to future On My Mind posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting such great stuff!

      Delete
  3. Funnily enough, we're going to try and incorporate this into our blogging very soon! A lot of kind bloggers (you included, you star!) have featured our posts in these little share-posts, and we want to return the love!
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I'm all for more people sharing the blogging love. And your posts deserve to be included.

      Delete
  4. I love link-love posts, and I'm so happy to see so many bloggers working them into interesting posts on their blog. I'm glad you're 'stealing' this idea. I know I stole it from someone who most likely stole it from someone else!

    Also, thanks for the link love :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to do it. I read lots of interesting stuff every week. And you're absolutely welcome.

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love these blogger link posts -- I always see something great that I missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There's lots of good stuff out there.

      Delete
  6. Nice post! I'm going to check some of these out, see what's going on out there, just as soon as I get back from shoplifting at Macy's.

    Don't judge me.

    ReplyDelete