Sunday, November 10, 2019

Announcing Girl Week 2019


I've already totally failed one of my blog's traditions this year. 31 Days of Horror was a masterclass in absenteeism. However, I shall not fail another.


For the fifth year in a row, we're celebrating women in movies with our annual Girl Week Blogathon. Why not? I grew up with a single mom, married a wonderful lady, and have two beautiful daughters. Yay, women!


If you're unfamiliar with the Girl Week Blogathon, let's talk about what that means. Every day during the week of Thanksgiving, posts on this blog, mine and (hopefully) others, will all feature movies with a female protagonist or are directed by women.


You can get in on the fun by posting about films with females in the lead, or directed by women, on your own blog during that week, using any of the banners in this post (or create your own with all the relevant info), and leaving me the link here, or tweeting it to me @w_ott3. If neither of those options work for you, email it to me at dellott@yahoo.com.


Post as often as you like. Personally, I plan on having something post every day that week. I'll officially wrap things up with a post on Monday, December 2, with links to all of the entries. I look forward to all of your contributions.



17 comments:

  1. YAS! I can't wait to post my entry. Or entries, who knows :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back Dell! You know I'm in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joel. I'll be on the lookout. Hope you got my response to your email.

      Delete
  3. Yay for Girl Week! I'm excited to participate again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Counting down the days waiting on what you guys cook up.

      Delete
  4. Yay! Last year I wrote about my favourite female Directors of the year, I'll probably do something similar this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a great post. Sure this one will be, too.

      Delete
    2. Hey Dell! Here's the link to my post: http://oftenofftopic.co.uk/2019/11/28/girl-week-2019-female-directors-of-2019/
      Thanks again for hosting! I hope you do next year too because I feel like I need to do this post every year :)

      Delete
  5. Yay! Its been years since I took part in this, though it was a little different, it was like the ten most badass women in film or something along those lines. IO already have a few ideas, but I really don't wanna pick someone that another person has picked. Are you getting a list of who each person is picking? Off the top of my head I'm thinking of Emma.. Thompson I think it was (there are so many Emmas) in Sicario, or the one from Edge of Tomorrow (it was the same actress I think??), also thinking of the lady who directed Fast Color this year. Actually, I just thought of someone as I was typing! I don't reckon anyone else will pick her, she made the Babadook and The Nightingale this year (which a lot of people bitched about cos it has a rape scene in it... god there have been so many worse!!). I think society is getting more and more touchy and thin-skinned as the years go by, What do you think about that?

    Sorry for the rant, I kinda went off on a tangent there. But yeah, Jennifer Kent is my pick. =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember that. The 10 Most Iconic Women. I guess this is related. Jennifer Kent, it is. If you should change your mind and write about Emma Thompson, or both (!!), go for it. Thanks!

      And yeah, we are getting very thin-skinned.

      Delete
  6. Great idea for a blogathon. I have a post in mind which I'll write.

    ReplyDelete