Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cabin Fever

Directed by Eli Roth
2002. Rated R, 92 minutes.
Cast:
Rider Strong
Jordan Ladd
James Debello
Cerina Vincent
Joey Kern
Arie Verveen
Robert Harris
Hal Courtney

A group of friends go out to a cabin in the woods to blow off some steam. A strange, rather quick working virus starts infecting everyone. Mayhem ensues. It's a weird watch because it starts dumb, even stays that way, but still manages to gather tremendous momentum as it goes along. The increasing frequency of gore with the passage of time helps. To seal the deal it gives us a very impressive ending. It's not a scary one but it's delivered with such a sharp, twisted sense of humor the whole thing is transformed into a satire. In my opinion, it's one of the best endings I've ever seen in a horror movie. YES, I already know everyone else seems to think this movie sucks. YES, I hated Roth's Hostel so much I didn't even bother with the sequel. I still liked this one.

MY SCORE: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment