Wednesday, October 21, 2015

R.I.P. Expavious Tyrell Taylor


Over this past weekend pop culture collided with real life in the most senseless and tragic of ways. Shots rang out in an apparent rampage at ZombiCon in downtown Fort Meyers, FL. A number of people were injured. One person, Expavious Tyrell Taylor, was left dead. He was only 20 years old.

I'm not a convention guy, or an autograph seeker, and I have certainly never dressed up as fictional characters since the last time I went trick-or-treating over thirty years ago. The closest I come now is wearing one of the superhero t-shirts I own. Still, I respect the rights and passion of those who do. I'm not sure if Mr. Taylor was one of those guys. However, his presence at ZombiCon suggests he could at least appreciate them, also.

Since it was at a zombie-themed event, I felt it was fitting to discuss this as part of 31 Days of Horror. As my small tribute to Mr. Taylor, here is some wonderful horror-inspired cosplay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


ZombiCon - Fort Myers, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment