Monday, November 27, 2017

Girl Week 2017: The Wrap-Up


Girl Week 2017 has come to a close and I am very pleased with the way it went. Before I get into all the links to all the posts, I do have a few thank yous to say. The first go to a pair of ladies who went all in and helped make this past week a special one. Sonia of A Film A Day by Sonia and Brittani of Rambling Film both blessed the blogosphere with multiple posts on the subject. Both ladies are wonderful bloggers whom I've been reading for quite some time (even when I don't comment) and provide me something we all need to be open to, a different perspective. In case you couldn't tell, I'm taking their participation in my little blogathon as validation of its worth. It might come off as patronizing for a guy, and a bunch of other guys, to talk females in movies, but they recognize the value of what I'm trying to do and have helped me tremendously.

The other person who must be singled out for thanks is Super-reader Joel. For the second year in a row, he's served as sort of a co-host for me. He's provided multiple posts of his own which includes lots of insight about not just films he loves, but about the stars in those films.

I am also thanking the rest of you for participating even if I don't call you by name. You guys, your posts and comments are what make this a special week in Dell-Land. You are much appreciated. If you didn't post, but read the entries on this blog and others, you are also much appreciated. Now, before I start crying, let's just get to the links for...

Girl Week 2017

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7


If I missed your post, my apologies. Just let me know and I'll edit this post to include it. Please visit all of these posts, if you haven't already. They are all excellent bloggers. I'm not just saying that because they joined my blogathon, but because I read them as often as my time will allow and I wouldn't keep reading them if they weren't good.


10 comments:

  1. I appreciate the vote of confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Dell. It was fun. I read up on many films I hadn't seen, some of which I'd never heard of and found some new ones to check out. If you get a chance to see any that I wrote up I'd love to hear what you thought.

    As I said looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a good time with it. I'm also looking forward to next year.

      Delete
  3. More good stuff, though lots of this I've already perused. Always an interesting selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a pleasure for me to be a part of this. I'm looking forward to next year. Thank you again for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh I'm sad I missed out on this, this year. At least I get to read some awesome posts. One of my blogathon ideas, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. Just glad you did some reading.

      Delete