Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Spot the Movie Titles Contest No. 2


At the tale end of April, I posted a contest for my readers to play. It was the Spot the Movie Titles Contest. It's time to play, once again.

The way it works is simple. I've written a rap verse in which I've stuffed chock full o' movie titles. Your job is to guess how many that is. There might only be one. Then again, there could be one hundred one. Count carefully. Post your guess in the comments section below, or tweet it to me @w_ott3 using #SMTCONTEST.

There is one little tweak to the game. Last time around, people were listing out all the titles they saw. If you do this, the unintended consequence is that the people behind you can just build off of your work. Therefore, In order to maintain the mystery for all players...

DO NOT POST ANY OF THE MOVIE TITLES YOU SPOT IN YOUR COMMENT.

ONLY POST THE NUMBER OF TITLES YOU THINK THERE ARE IN THE VERSE.

ANYONE VIOLATING THIS RULE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY HAVE THEIR COMMENT DELETED

In other words, casual conversation about the contest is encouraged, but posting a list of titles is not. To further clarify, this is okay...

"Man, that was tough. I came up with 15."

This is not...

"Man, that was tough. I came up with

Furious 7
Terminator 2
Lethal Weapon 4"

Got it?

Good.



What the Winner Gets

Free advertising on Dell on Movies on each of my next 7 posts.

Should the winner be the proud owner of a blog, I will link to a post of yours, of my choosing, every post until the allotted number is filled. If you win, but don't have a blog I'll happily pimp your twitter handle and choose a tweet of yours to do so for the same time frame.

The winner will be announced in a post revealing all the answers on Friday June 5, 2015.

Here is your verse (purposely leaving out all capitalization, and it's a story so pay attention)...

with 2 guns to my head, the woman in red said
for my crimes of the heart i was better off dead
frozen in fear, sky high body heat, filling with dredd
no doubt i'm 'bout to take a bullet to the head
almost out of time, thank god i got a beautiful mind
use it to remind of the first time we met in district 9
chatted about true romance and the forbidden dance
even her membership in the sisterhood of the traveling pants
the radical chapter with a history of violence
that's out for justice, they shoot to kill and move in silence
told her she's making a big mistake, no promise did i make
all we shared were sex, lies, and videotape
she told me to stop my funny games and child's play
felt tremors in her wrist so i turned my head sideways
to see her starry eyes and face overcome with shame
my thoughts coming faster than the man with two brains
trying to blur a thin line between love and hate
too much at stake for me not to make the great escape
from this psycho trying to dial m for murder
i saw the devil in her eyes, my true lies couldn't hurt her
turned toward her had a face/off, her gaze was stone cold
got under the skin, penetrated my body and soul
through cries and whispers told her to do the right thing
she squeezed the trigger, out came a flag reading kiss kiss bang bang
heard the click almost shit, but then laughed at her dangerous game
and that's why all the boys love mandy lane



Good Luck!!!



15 comments:

  1. 49? (Am I even allowed to play this time? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I counted 69...but I was counting on my fingers so I may be off by like 1 or 10...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is an awesome game, well done Dell! Well I only got about 36, but I think I miss a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great idea for a game and kudos for the verse! I've spotted 43 titles but I'm probably missing some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting on the verse! Good luck!

      Delete
  5. I counted 46 too. Great game, well put together, well done Dell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So just in case I missed one, I'll guess 47.

      Delete