The holiday season is a time of happy thoughts. Believe it or not, these movies give me the giggles. It's because of films like this, I can better appreciate how much effort it takes to actually make something most of us praise as good. So yeah, I'm giving thanks for these turkeys. I'm probably pissing a few of you off in the process, too. Ah, good times. I have reviewed most of the offenders right here on this site. Click on the titles to get a clearer understand why these movies are here.
The 20 Worst Movies of 2014
Stuff I'm told is bad, but I decided to skip: Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who is John Galt, Best Night Ever, Devil's Knot, Drive Hard, Hateship, Loveship, Heaven is For Real, Labor Day, Left Behind, The Legend of Hercules, Men, Women, and Children, Miss Meadows, The Nut Job, Saving Christmas, Third Person, Walk of Shame, Winter's Tale
20. Moms' Night OutThe movie yearns for the days when men brought home the bacon for women to fry up in a pan.
19. BlendedIt's a mess I'd rather not spend anymore time on.
18. TammyThis is a string of dreadful jokes that thud loudly as they crash into a bucket of unfunny.
16. Earth to EchoEarth to Echo has all of Spielberg's style, but none of his substance.
15. The Other WomanEverything about this movie feels overly contrived and overly derivative.
14. IdaI spent the entire runtime thinking how much better this would've been if it were actually about Wanda.
10. TranscendenceA kooky sci-fi thriller that swims in deep waters, and drowns.
7. LockeHardy is a great performer, but even he can't make watching someone talk on their cell phone during a really long drive interesting.
6. BoyhoodA collection of still photos rapidly cycled through in one of those four minute time-lapse videos you can watch on YouTube would have had the same effect, and taken up much less of your day.
4. A Million Ways to Die in the WestI'm guessing Seth McFarlane has some incriminating photos of Charlize Theron locked away somewhere. Why else would she agree to be in this?
3. Stranger by the LakeAs assembled, it's a jumble of parts meant for different machines.
1. GodzillaI actually want some Godzilla in my Godzilla movies.
Dishonorable Mentions: American Sniper, Dolphin Tale 2, The Fault in Our Stars, Frankie & Alice, Horrible Bosses 2, I, Frankenstein, Into the Woods, Jersey Boys, Oculus, Sex Tape, The Theory of Everything, When the Game Stands Tall, White Bird in a Blizzard