Monday, September 22, 2014

Back To School Blogathon: Links!


At the end of August, I created the Back to School Blogathon to celebrate kids everywhere making their return to the classroom. The object was for bloggers to create classes uses movie characters that fit into some very well worn archetypes. I won't give a complete rundown on the rules again. To see them, just click here.

A number of you responded with some very interesting classes. Below are the links to them all.

John at Hitchcock's World was our star student. He contributed three classes to our school. His first class is headed up by one of the Marx Brothers. For his second class, he managed to get in someone from a prequel to a classic horror flick. Then, he went completely off the rails for his third class and used nothing but characters from David Lynch movies.


Mike from Mike's Cinema chimed in with some inspired choices. His class includes Robert Downey Jr. before he became a superhero and Jon Cryer before he became one of the Two and a Half Men.


Over at Feeling Fuzzier, Rhys gave us a class run by a couple of action movie icons and includes a quite literal interpretation of the Invisible Girl trope.


Wanderer at Wandering Through the Shelves was the first lady to get involved. And she truly represented with an all-female class.


Not to be outdone, Brittani at Rambling Film joined the fray. Her class is led by a wizard and a lady who tries to work magic with troubled kids.


At Big Screen, Small Words, whirlwind.supernova's class has a little bit of a musical slant and includes two people with the gift of telekinesis.


The Flick Chicks, Jenna and Allie came up an interesting roster of students. Their class includes probably the most unlikely picks for star student and jock.

Alex at Alex Raphael joined in on the fun and gave us a teacher from the Japanese movie that's made Jennifer Lawrence a household name...in a roundabout sort of way.


Finally, I contributed two classes of my own. The first includes a trio of not-so-bright bullies. The second give us a trio of very intelligent bullies.


As always, I'm not completely a stickler for deadlines so if you put a class together in the next week or so, drop by here and let me know. I'll gladly update this post to include you.

Thanks to everyone that participated this next go round. I'll see you in about a week or so with another blogathon, so be on the lookout.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting this blogathon. It was a lot of fun and I'm hoping that my similarly structured one will be as good (I've been working on a draft and already have a really cool banner to go with it).

    I feel I should point out, though, The Thing was a prequel to the 1982 film of the same name, not a remake. It's easy to get confused because they both have the same title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for participating. Thanks also for pointing hat out about The Thing. I haven't seen the newer model yet, so I was in the dark on that one.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and there is a problem with one of your links. You accidentally linked to my second class when you were referring to my third.

      Delete
    3. Hmmm....I'll fix that soon as I get to a real computer.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for hosting the blogathon! Everyone posted such interesting classes, I now have some of their choices (movies) on my watch list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some good ones, weren't there? Glad you took part and hope you enjoy the movies you've discovered.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting this blogathon, Wendell! I expected a larger crowd but everyone who participated did a fantastic job, many new-to-me titles have been added to my wish list to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping for a larger group myself. Still grateful for those who joined in on the fun. I am, of course, including you. Thanks.

      Delete