Friday, December 6, 2013

R. I. P. Nelson Mandela



Initially, I had another movie review ready to roll in this spot. However, when I heard the news of the passing of a truly great man, Nelson Mandela, I had to say something, regardless of whether he is associated with the world of movies or not. The fact that I called him great should suffice. He is one of those people who truly made the world a better place to live.

His own words sum up the man better than I could write here, so I'll let him have his say. Shortly after the world heard of Mandela's passing The USA Today listed what they think are his 15 best quotes and ranked this one number one:

"Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end."

I agree with both the USA Today's sentiment and his.

If you must read a movie review then click here to read my review of Invictus, a film in which Morgan Freeman plays the South African leader.

Thank you Mr. Mandela, for all you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment