Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What About the Razzies?


With all the buzz over the Oscars this past weekend, the Razzies were once again overlooked. I mean, it's understandable. One show honors Hollywood's best and brightest while the other takes a look at the smelly stuff you stepped in.

You can check out their site by clicking here. For those of you who are lazy like me, here's a quick rundown of the nominees and "winners" (in red):

Worst Screenplay
Movie 43
After Earth (my review)
Grown Ups 2 (my review)
The Lone Ranger
A Madea Christmas

Worst Director
The 13 people who directed Movie 43
Dennis Dugan (Grown Ups 2)
Tyler Perry (A Madea Christmas and Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor)
M. Night Shyamala (After Earth)
Gore Verbinski (The Lone Ranger)

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel
The Lone Ranger
Grown Ups 2
The Hangover Part III (my review)
Scary Movie 5
The Smurfs 2 (my review)

Worst Screen Combo
Jaden Smith and Will Smith (After Earth)
The entire cast of Grown Ups 2
The entire cast of Movie 43
Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen in Scary Movie 5
Tyler Perry and either Larry the Cable Guy or that worn out wig and dress in A Madea Christmas

Worst Supporting Actress
Kim Kardashian (Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor(my review)
Salma Hayek (Grown Ups 2)
Katherine Heigl (The Big Wedding)
Lady Gaga (Machete Kills)
Lindsay Lohan (InAPPropriate Comedy and Scary Movie 5)

Worst Supporting Actor
Will Smith (After Earth)
Chris Brown (Battle of the Year)
Larry the Cable Guy (A Madea Christmas)
Taylor Lautner (Grown Ups 2)
Nick Swardson (Grown Ups 2)

Worst Actress
Tyler Perry (A Madea Christmas)
Halle Berry (The Call and Movie 43) (my review of The Call)
Selena Gomez (The Getaway)
Lindsay Lohan (The Canyons)
Naomi Watts (Diana and Movie 43)

Worst Actor
Jaden Smith (After Earth)
Johnny Depp (The Lone Ranger)
Ashton Kutcher (Jobs)
Adam Sandler (Grown Ups 2)
Sylvester Stallone (Bullet to the Head, Escape Plan, and Grudge Match)

Worst Picture
Movie 43
After Earth
Grown Ups 2
The Lone Ranger
A Madea Christmas


Okay, who else didn't realize that Lindsay Lohan appeared in three movies in 2013? That astounding fact aside, it looks like Movie 43 was the big "winner," here. Other than my lack of actual hate for Grown Ups 2 and the fact I thought Halle Berry was pretty good in The Call, I've got no qualms with these. Well, I would like to have seen some representation of Baggage Claim, A Good Day to Die Hard, and Beautiful Creatures, but maybe that's just me. Any thoughts on these?

No comments:

Post a Comment