Friday, July 28, 2017

Announcement: Against the Crowd Blogathon 2017


You probably didn't notice, but I've been almost entirely absent this year when it comes to blogathons. However, I had to keep up with what has become the biggest event of the year on my blog, The Against the Crowd Blogathon. For the second year in a row, I'm employing a co-host...employing is the wrong word because I'm not actually paying him anything other than my undying gratitude. Once again, that person is my blogging homie KG of KG's Movie Rants. If you haven't checked out his blogs, do yourself a favor and head over there. It's as easy as clicking his name. You need some more information, though. You need to know how to be down with this year's ACB.


1. Pick one movie that "everyone" loves (the more iconic, the better). That movie must have a score of 75% or more on rottentomatoes.com. Tell us why you hate it.

2. Pick one movie that "everyone" hates (the more notorious, the better). That movie must have a score of 35% or less on rottentomatoes.com. Tell us why you love it.

3. Include the tomato meter scores of both movies.

4. Use one of the banners in this post, or feel free to create your own.

5. Let us know what two movies you intend on writing about in one of the following ways:

6. Publish your post on any day from Monday August 14 through Friday August 20, 2017.

By the way, should a movie you select not have a grade on rottentomatoes.com, use a score of at least 7.5 on imdb.com for ones you hate and less than 4.0 for ones you love. Though there are thousands of movies that qualify, duplicates are still "sorta" okay. In other words, you may have one movie in common with another blogger, but not both. There will be a list at the end of this post that will be updated as bloggers sign up.













26 comments:

  1. I might join in...not sure yet but will look forward to reading what the others have chosen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can take part. I'm sure there are some films that qualify for you.

      Delete
  2. Count me in. I just gotta figure out what films to include for this blog-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do a lot of blogathons based on the nature of my blog.

    That said, I have a deep and abiding love for Paul W.S. Anderson's Soldier, which currently sits at a 10% (43% from audiences) on Rotten Tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOO! SO glad this is back! Can't wait to find two good ones for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm ready to find out what you come up with.

      Delete
    2. Well, I came up with SOMETHING... http://dancindanonfilm.blogspot.com/2017/08/against-crowd-blogathon-2017.html

      Delete
  5. In.
    In.
    In.

    This may be the last thing I write until Christmas (damn you end-of-summer!), so I gotta make it count.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya Dell!! Glad to see this come back! I'd love to participate if you'd like me too. These are always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'll be waiting on your email.

      Delete
  7. Oh yeah, not ever going to miss this one! (last year was too close, man, too close!)
    Oh and is this the 4th time in total? Cause, I've participated since 2014 and it seems that was the first year.. god.. we've been doing this for a long time, eh!? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, this is the 4th annual!!! So glad you're still hanging out with me for it!

      Delete
  8. I'm in. Expect my post next Friday or Saturday. I have a wedding to go to, so I have to write some stuff ahead of time and schedule it to post over the weekend.

    On the mischievous side, I got the groom a copy of the Spencer Tracy Father of the Bride for Christmas last year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to it.

    Father of the Bride, nice, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm doing Indiependence Day 2 (like) and Captain Fantastic 2 (hate).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'm really looking forward to see how you define the ID4 sequel.

      Delete