Monday, September 7, 2015

Football Time!


If you're like me, then you're excited it's finally football season. If you're not...and you're here, you're probably a movie buff. I can work with that. If you're here in the States, there's also a decent chance you have today off from work to celebrate work. We call it Labor Day. That gives you a little extra time. Take a few of those minutes to check out some of the football related posts I have below then go watch a football movie. Even if you don't like football.









4 comments:

  1. My dad's all-time favorite movie is Rudy. He just loves that story and he loves sports films. I saw your list on the best football films. I like a lot of those films except for Radio which I thought was fucking horrible with Cuba Gooding Jr. going full-retard to prove everyone that he's a great actor (he's not).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you telling me about your dad before. Rudy is a great film. No problems with that being his fave. Yeah, CGJ did go "full retard" but I can be a sucker for that, sometimes.

      Delete
  2. The best football movie of all time has to be The Fortune Cookie.

    Although, Desi Arnaz as a running back from the Argentine in Too Many Girls is interesting casting. The movie ends with the student body celebrating a victory in the big game by doing a conga line across campus, Desi playing his bongo drums, and Eddie Bracken dancing with Ann Miller. Any resemblance to actual football, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen The Fortune Cookie, but I'm game. Might be even more game for that Desi Arnaz flick. Can't imagine Ricky Ricardo as a football player. Sounds so wonderfully strange.

      Delete